A mini facelift can often be an excellent option for women and men who are interested in facial rejuvenation but do not desire the degree of correction and/or interruption of daily life typically associated with standard facelift surgery. Designed to address minor to moderate signs of aging in the lower face, this procedure can be a great way to help patients maintain a youthful appearance and age gracefully. Key benefits of the mini facelift can include:
- Elevation/tightening of the jowls for a more defined jawline
- Minor improvement of the nasolabial folds
- Limited recovery/downtime (patients can often return to work the next day)
- Inconspicuous scarring (less than that of standard facelift surgery)
- Natural-looking results that generally last three to five years
- An extremely high patient satisfaction rate
It is important to note that a mini facelift minimally lifts and/or smooths skin in the neck region. As a result, patients whose aesthetic concerns pertain to both the face and the neck may benefit more from a standard facelift. The most appropriate treatment for your unique needs and goals can be determined during a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who offers both techniques.