FDA-approved KYBELLA® can often be a great option for men and women who are seeking to diminish the appearance of a “double chin” without undergoing a surgical procedure, such as neck liposuction. Composed of a deoxycholic acid-based solution, this innovative injectable is designed to break down and eliminate targeted fat cells beneath the chin for an improved under-chin and neck contour. Some distinctive benefits of KYBELLA® may include:
- A reduction in submental fat that proves resistant to diet and exercise
- A more toned and contoured chin and jawline profile
- No incisions and/or surgery
- A relatively brief procedure (approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on individual needs and goals)
- Less downtime than surgery
- Long-lasting results that don’t require retreatment (as long as a significant amount of weight is not gained, allowing the remaining fat cells to enlarge)
In addition to these benefits, KYBELLA® can often be paired later with Ultherapy® and other complementary treatments to achieve a more comprehensive enhancement.
Currently, KYBELLA® is the only nonsurgical procedure to have received FDA approval for the reduction of submental fat in patients 18 and older. If you are interested in this revolutionary technique, I strongly suggest consulting a board certified plastic surgeon to ensure KYBELLA® is right for you, as well as to receive the safest, most effective treatment based on your specific needs and goals.